GET YOUR MOTORCYCLE INSPECTED
For petrol engine two – wheelers the current regulation requirement is as follows –
- Idle CO (Carbon Monoxide) % = 3.00 % (max)
- HC (Hydrocarbon) = 3000 ppm (max)
Vehicles which do not undergo a periodic maintenance are liable to emit exhaust gases more than the permissible limit.
Few important tips to maintain low emission levels –
- Clean spark plug and maintain specified gap between electrodes.
- Keep the air filter clean.
- Get the carburetor tuned at authorized Hero workshop.
- Do not overfill the engine oil and follow the replacement schedule.
- Avoid use of adulterated fuel.
- You should get the emission level certified once every 3 months at any of the authorized emission checking centers.